Monday, February 3, 2014

LushLunes: Riding Waves

I just got back from Puerto Rico and boy am I glad I escaped this winter in NYC for a while!!!  Now that I'm back to the cold, I wanted to share a video from my trip and something I realized along the way.



As you can see the waves were rough in San Juan. Funny thing is, every time a wave came at me, I kept letting it hit me.  I dug my heels in and then "boom!" I let it hit me every time.

Little did I know my feet were sinking into the sand, and the waves were pulling me further in. Soon I'd be over my head, if I let myself continue this way. 

What an interesting moment to have on a beach.  I thought to myself,  "this is getting harder. Should I just get out?" I didn't want to get out. But this whole let-the-waves-strike-me thing was not fun.

So I started thinking, how many times do we just let the waves that shake up our lives just hit us? Boom! And we just take it?  Instead of quitting altogether, wouldn't it be much simpler to ride the waves? 

And that's what I did. I started riding the waves.   As each one came, I turned around and rode the wave to shore, then went back in for more. I was like a kid without a care in the world, laughing hysterically at my silliness, and I loved every second. It was far more fun than just getting smacked up by the ocean.

Which leads me to your LushLunes mission: Take a look at this past month and ask yourself honestly, have you been riding the waves, or fighting them?

Give yourself a few minutes to think about how you want to approach the waves this month. It's never too late to go with the flow and start riding the waves, instead of digging your heels in until you're over your head.

As always, have a LushLunes my deep thinkers!