Sunday, August 18, 2013

LushLunes: Fake It And You'll Become It

Do you ever feel like an imposter? Like you really cannot attain your goals? Or the infamous "I don't belong here?"  Regardless of how positively others see us, we sometimes can really beat ourselves down.

Recently, I was having "a moment," as I was texting a colleague of mine (see below).  His reply was "believe it and you will be it."
 

He was right. I needed to BELIEVE IT. Instead of negative self talk or self doubt, wouldn't it be better to empower ourselves? No matter what others think, feel or believe, that confidence has to start from within.

That text reminded me of this video from TEDTalks that Che suggested I watch. It discusses how simply by changing our posture, we can change our lives (and standing in a posture of confidence only takes 2 minutes!) 

The video is about 20 minutes long, but it really helps us to see the science behind a power posture. Once you've watched the video, your LushLunes mission is simple: Put on a power pose for 2 minutes, and see how you ROCK this Monday.
 

Fake It And You'll Become It!  Have a LushLunes my deep thinkers!