Monday, July 22, 2013

#LushLunes: Mindfulness In Nature

I am happiest when I am by the ocean. When I allow myself to be quiet and just be present, I feel like a weight is lifted from my shoulders. It's only me, walking on the sand, feeling the waves rush up to meet my toes. This is mindfulness.    


 

No other thoughts invade my mind. Just my breath. Just the breeze. Just the sound of the ocean. This to me is peacefulness and clarity. This is my bliss.

When we allow ourselves to be mindful, to be one with our surroundings, we can find that bliss anywhere. Because it actually comes from within us. When we are mindful, we truly don't have a care in the world. And isn't that such a lovely state to be in? 

This leads me to your Lush Lunes mission: Today, go outside and embrace your surroundings. Look at the sky, take deep breaths, look at the trees, or children playing in the park, listen to the birds chirping, smile, and exhale... give yourself a few mindful moments of release.  Allow yourself to be one with nature, and take note of the calm inside.

Have a mindful and blissful Lush Lunes my deep thinkers! Namaste.