Monday, June 24, 2013

Lush Lunes: It's YOUR Time



Many of us live on a tight schedule. I know I do. My mother, now retired, no longer lives on one. One day while I was talking about what I had to do and when, she said to me: "I live in my own schedule now - I take my time." She went on to say that she spent so much time rushing and how she would never go back to that.

Then it struck me - how many of us put so much weight on our Monday that all we want is to get to Friday? The idea of Monday somehow blocks our joy. And that's friggin stupid.

This notion of what day stresses us the most extends into different aspects of our lives. For example: "ugh, it's too late for ___."

No it's not. 

This way of thinking extends into self-imposed time limits when it comes to our goals and dreams. Things must be done by this age, before / after kids or marriage, or there is only one path. It's a type of rigidity that serves as an imaginary road block that says: you can enjoy your life after "x" time. I reject that obstacle. I kick it right in its stupid little face. 

Common questions I hear:

- Is it too late to get married? Have Children? 
- Am I too old to go back to school?
- Can I even think of getting my driver's license? 
- Is career change irresponsible? 
- Will world travels ever become a reality?
- Can I go out on a Monday night? 

My answer to all of this is simple: Do what you want, when you want to do it. The heavy idea of "Monday," is an illusion. It's a day like any other. Do whatever the hell you want on a Monday. Today I am doing just that: whatever the hell I want. And that is your Lush Lunes mission.  What is one thing you've always wanted to do but have been waiting for the right time?  Now is the right time. Go plan it, go do it, go make that one thing happen. 

The idea that you're too old or that there is an order to how you live your life is bull. If you're waiting for something, don't. When YOU start is the exact RIGHT TIME to start. Let no one tell you anything different.

I leave you with a quote from "The Last Unicorn:" 

"You can strike your own time, and start the count anywhere. When you understand that — then any time at all will be the right time for you." 
~ Peter S. Beagle


Have a Lush Lunes my deep thinkers! 


Best, 
Lisann