Monday, April 15, 2013

LushLunes: Loving Our Bodies

Today’s LushLunes mission is a continuation of a prior mission focused on affirmations.

After spending a weekend in Miami, I heard a lot of talk about fitness. And I wonder, with bathing suit season approaching, how many of us are actually loving our bodies, as opposed to berating them, comparing them, or ignoring them?

I spent the weekend at a conference (more on that later) and every day I woke up to say my “I Am” list in the mirror. Which included a few positive affirmations about my body, my appearance, and my level of happiness. Let me tell you, people approached me and complimented me in a way that reflected my “I Am” affirmations. No joke.

Here are a few:

I am fit.
I am healthy.
I am relaxed.
I am happy.

Loving our bodies (loving ourselves) is an important place to start.  It’s so easy to get body-conscious. But remember, the way someone else looks is not a reflection of where you are when it comes to your health or your fitness. What is in your mind – how you see yourself – is a reflection of where you are.

If you focus on your flaws, the world will focus on your flaws. If you focus on your amazing attributes and how beautiful you are, just the way you are, so will the world.
 
So today, for your #LushLunes mission, I want you to nurture your body (in any way you can), look at your body (in a mirror), and compliment your body (at least three times). Your “I Am” words should be focused on how fantastic you look and feel. Then wait… and see what happens.

 
Have a Lush Lunes that is as fabulous as you are!