Monday, April 1, 2013

LushLunes: I Am...


We've spent many a LushLunes giving ourselves pep talks, creating vision boards, and lifting up our own spirits, but today is a bit different. 

Over the weekend, I was inspired by a sermon by Joel Osteenon, "The Power of I Am,"  and the "Living Optimism" meditation from the Chopra Center's 21 Day Meditation Challenge. 



 
 

I certainly recommend you check them out (regardless of ones religious or spritual beliefs, the tips are universal)! But if you're not up for it, this is what I learned to do:
  • Affirm who we are, even if we're not there yet, or we don't quite believe it yet.
  • How? By writing out our list of "I Am's"
  • Reading our list daily until it sinks in and becomes reality. 

It's like positive affirmations coupled with the "fake it 'til ya make it" mentality. It's a very inspiring thing to do for yourself.

Once I heard the sermon, then the meditation, I felt compelled to:
 
1) write my "I Am" list; and
2) spread the word. 
 


Here is a glimpse of my list:




Notice it is all in the present tense... a mix of truths and desired truths.  None of this "I will," or "I am going to," and certainly nothing negative.

The people with whom I shared my inspired learning, wrote their own lists and started telling others about it. Then they let me know how good it felt to spread the word about this motivational assignment.

Well, that's your LushLunes mission for today. Write out your I Am's and spread the word!  Then see just how Lush your Lunes becomes. ;-)