Thursday, January 17, 2013

Life is Beautiful, So Go Cry Over Chocolate

If you're having a moment ... for 1000 reasons, or no particular reason at all ... it might be best to do it over chocolate, but in private.




Sorayu and I went to Max Brenner's last week and what happens when we don't see eachother for a while is this: one or both of us ends up in tears. That's because we're sharing all of the things we didn't get to talk about over the phone. So it happens face to face, in public, over dessert.

Leave it to the happiest chocolate place in Union Square for random unnecessary sadness.

 

We talked about everything and anything. We laughed a lot too - mostly out of sheer embarassment I think. It's good to have someone you can vent to, bounce ideas off of, and laugh hysterically with regardless of where you are. It's also good to let it all out.

But now, I feel that I might need a break from Max Brenner's. Not because of the decadent calories but because I did my fair share of crying in a public place. So much that the waitress brought over a box of chocolates for me as a gift.

It said: "Life Is Beautiful." Yes. It really is.

I let out a river of emotion in a public place ... over chocolate... and it's ok. It's out of me. It's gone! And I can go on smiling about everyhing else now. I cannot wait to share with you all of the awesomeness that is the beginning of 2013... worthly of joyful tears alone!

So if you happen to have a moment, let it out, but give yourself a chuckle when you remember that I cried over chocolate, in public. Then compose yourself and be reassured that everything will be alright. Because life truly is beautiful, and very forgiving of tears shed for 1000 reasons, or no particular reason at all.