Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kindness Can Be Camouflage

Over the past few weeks I've tried to maintain a positive attitude. But something happened that has me shaken up.

I want to share it with you, however I cannot share the details.  I am O.K. and thankfully I was not physically hurt. As bad as it feels, I know I was protected because it could have been far worse. Yet the incident has me dealing with anxiety. 

Although I cannot share much about that night, I feel compelled to share something because I do not want it to happen to anyone else.  I want to pay the knowledge and awareness forward. 

So, here are a few paragraphs from  "The Time Traveller's Wife," that have remained in my memory and helped me on what was a terrible evening:



from pp. 49-50 of "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger


If there is one thing you learn from reading that, I hope it is this: Kindness is a mode of behavior. Kindness can be camouflage. The boogie man might just be cloaked in kindness. 

I hope those words help you to immediately react should someone like that cross your path. 

Be careful out there my deep thinkers.