Monday, November 5, 2012

LushLunes: Our Wishes And Prayers

As a child I would pray that God would make me an instrument of peace. I knew God had a plan for me and I wanted so badly to allow God to work through me.

When I heard a certain speech several years ago, I was brought to tears because her beautiful words echoed my childhood prayers. I could feel them in my soul and I wanted to share them with you.

Why? Because I feel that I am living my purpose every day. For that I am thankful.


"God use me, use me, use this life. I don't know what the future holds for me but I know that there is a vision for my life that is greater than my imagination can hold...

to be a light of hope and understanding, to share some sense of illumination that maybe sometimes reflects people's lives and sometimes opens them up to themselves...

to make people lead better lives - to lead them to the highest possible vision for themselves, that is the goal."

-Oprah Winfrey

(From the speech Oprah Winfrey gave upon receiving her Lifetime Achievement Award).


So this LushLunes I want you to think of something wonderful you wanted (or wanted to be) as a child.

If you got it (or became that), take a moment to give thanks. If it's something you still want (or want to be), give thanks anyway for keeping that fire lit inside of you so you can go out there and get it.

Give thanks. Keep Wishing. Keep Praying. And have a LUSH LUNES!