Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Lure of Lazy Rainy Days

There's something about lazy rainy days. They're so good for snuggling. Hot cocoa. Watching TV. Procrastinating. I wish I could be doing any one of those things right now...it's so tempting.  But I shall not.

Work calls.  Dream chasing calls. Life calls. Thus, motivation calls. So what motivates you when you have the desire to do nothing at all? 

For me, it's thinking of a positive statement. Like an affirmation. Today, it's this one:

Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it. -Oprah Winfrey

I try, I tumble, and I get back up. Today is actually a great day for trying. Yet sometimes, on these lazy rainy days, I can fall for the temptation and lie to myself by saying, "it's not that I don't want to try... it's just that I want to try later." How many times do we maintain that attitude of getting things done "later?"

Well, there is no later. There is only NOW.  As much as I remind you of this, I am also reminding myself. 

While there are many out there snuggling, drinking hot cocoa, watching TV, and procrastinating you will be out doing. And in the end that will be one reason why you have outdone them all. Remember that.