Sunday, March 18, 2012

LushLunes: All About Your Attitude.

I remember watching Our Town on PBS as a kid. The scene toward the end when Emily talks about all the things she will miss in this life really moved me. I walked away wondering, touching the cotton on my shirt, marveling at the feel of a cold wooden floor... then asking my multi-tasking mama if she ever thought about these things. 

I was 12 and so my mom just laughed and said, "well, no, not really." Many of us don't really take the time to consider the little things. We sometimes just wish the days away until the weekend. I've certainly been guilty of this. But if we learned to appreciate these moments, instead of focusing on the weekly Friday count down, couldn't we enjoy the days more? 

What attitude do you chose to have when it comes to day to day living? 

Your mission for LushLunes is NOT to gripe about Monday. Instead ramble off some reasons you  are happy to open our eyes to this new day, and enjoy "every, every minute."

Let's be thankful for the air we breathe, the clothes on our back, and the gift of time. Let's be grateful for the love we have, our network of friends and the support of family. Let's enjoy the smell of fresh coffee, the taste of our favorite ice cream, the feel of fresh sheets against our skin. Let's marvel at the miracle of connecting with friends across the world at the click of a button, and the privilege of being exactly who we are at this moment in time. 

Wishing you have a mindful and appreciative LushLunes!