Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Coqui, Coqui: A Night in Puerto Rico

You know how much I love Puerto Rico. I try to post as many pictures of I can displaying this beautiful island. But what I can't photograph the scent of the fresh rain, the warm sun on my skin, or the cool ocean breeze. I also can't take a picture of how beautiful the Coquí sings at night, every night, bringing it's melody to the night air.

 a night in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico.

The coquí has become a national symbol and an icon for anything Puerto Rican... "Soy de aquí como el coquí" (I'm as Puerto Rican as a coquí). -topuertorico.org

These tiny little frogs have a lot of romantic lore attached to them as well - stories in the same vein as Romeo and Juliet, which only adds to its' beauty.


Fountain in La Plaza with the lyrics to Campanitas de Cristal, one of my favorite songs.
The sound brings me such nostalgia, that I wanted to share it with you. So I recorded it.  It's in google docs for you, for a brief time only, so feel free to download it, make it a ring tone, or add it to your meditation music. Just enjoy a little piece of la isla del encanto: The sounds of el Coqui.