Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Open Up to the Possibilities: 21-Day Meditation Challenge

Meditation opens you up. Period.

A friend of mine has been practicing a meditation for Love; to open herself up to the possibilities of a new relationship and to feel positive energy when it comes to dating. It's simple, its light, it's airy, and her intentions are in the perfect place to help her move forward in her life.

I have been meditating on my relationship with God, for balance, and to further my goals. Some people meditate for health or just for some moments of peace. It can be whatever you want it to be. But it's worth a shot.

No matter your reason for diving into the gap, things get stirred up when you give yourself over to meditation. You've got to be ready to deal with the muck.  But your reward on the journey is this beautiful feeling of love, peace, and light.


If you choose a mantra, it can be anything that moves you or soothes you. I remember as a tween when I spent the summers on Long Island with my Tia that she was dedicated to praying every evening. She would give thanks to Christ, and repeat phrases over and over, sometimes moving her to tears. She did this every night for about half an hour.

As a teen I experienced what she experienced in prayer...and years later as an adult, I experienced that same feeling in meditation  (some call it the Holy Spirit... others call it the universal energy...some just consider it happiness). Eventually I realized that what I called meditation, she called prayer. And the two merged in my mind to equate to the same thing. The love I felt surrounding me had different names (depending on ones religious or spiritual beliefs), but in the end we're all talking about the same thing.

Can meditation, like prayer, be as a simple as you want it to be? Sure. Alternatively, can it be a deep experience that changes you and your way of experiencing life? Yes. Dip your toe into the former, but swim right into the latter. You won't regret it.

If you're interested in just clearing your mind, opening your heart, or perhaps changing your world, meditation is a good place to start. If you're willing to give meditation a shot - for free -the Chopra Center 21 Day Meditation Challenge begins on February 20, 2012.

I'm registered... so I hope to see you in the gap!