Thursday, October 13, 2011

Secrets Revealed

I feel like the secrets of my heart have been unraveled and lay before my feet. Which way do I turn? Do I cover them up and stand before them, guarding them… hiding them? Or do I lay them out one by one, for all to view and judge while I stand stoically over them? Do I own up to them without backing down, bracing myself to deal with the repercussions?

I’ve written about everything on my blog as LaLicenciada but in real life when someone knows my secrets – someone I'd least expect, and whom I did not invite into my world, it penetrates my armor. It makes me feel vulnerable. It makes me feel afraid. 



What if the In Real Life world truly knew what I have been up to? Stripping off my uniform, sneaking about chasing my dreams….

Well, it seems that they do in fact know. And now that they've caught me chasing stars red-handed, do I deny it? Do I say, “no it wasn't me?” Do I promise to, “conform, Conform, CONFORM?”

NO. WAY. Then I'd be a liar. I will not conform. This is me. Take it or leave it. I will take my little hobo bag full of dreams, throw it over my shoulder and keep on moving.

I’ve discreetly come out with my In Real Life identity on all of my social media platforms. I have openly shared my achievements on my website, full name in view. I am not afraid for the outside world to know the identity of this deep thinker any longer. I few months ago I began chasing my dreams out in the open. And it is marvelous.


The world knows who I am and what I’ve been up to - and I am damn proud of myself.  I will hop this train and the next until I reach the sunny coast of dreams-come-true, and wave at the conformists. Not in a fit of anger, not to judge, nor to boast. I will wave in a friendly gesture, inviting them to strip off their uniforms, and hitchhike their way to their own dreams.