Thursday, September 29, 2011

Creating Good Habits: 21 Day Meditation Challenge

The 21 Day Meditation Challenge has ended but it marked the beginning of a lifestyle change I've been yearning for. 

Manifesto on my Mirror

Of course on Day 20, I flick on the TV and I hear a message I had long forgotten but that had permeated my soul. It's from one of my favorite movies, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

"it's never too late....to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. ...I hope you live a life you're proud of, and if you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Isn't that always the message? We should live a life we're proud of. Whatever we do, whoever we are, we need to live a remarkable life - it's ours to design how we wish. 


So speaking of designing that life, here's a breakdown and a quick little video on how meditation helped with that goal


  • I've known what my dharma is without really labeling it that way: it's to motivate people to pursue their dreams, by example, by telling stories to guide the way;
  • I tapped into the desire to upgrade and overhaul my vision board - er a vision wall that has burst out of me. Then I created a vision screen saver and a pocket vision board. I eat, sleep, think, and work on my vision for my life;
  • I'm living each moment. I bring my awareness back to the moment and I do not focus on the what-if's or let fear take me over. There's a lot more self talk these days. I'm my own Tony Robbins;
  • I started talking openly to people about pursuing their dreams every time it comes up, and oddly, it started to come up quite a bit - and believe me I wasn't sparking the convo;
  • I find great joy when I inspire people and spread the message that anything is possible because I believe that message with every fiber of my being;
  • I've learned that when the few react poorly to my uplifted attitude, it's because they're struggling with something within themselves. I don't let it permeate me, I become more of an observer;
  • I feel more confident and focused, which has led me to organize a business plan for my acting, which has led to more auditions, and more classes with my acting coach;
  • I've started a schedule for exercise and a plan that I'm sticking to.
WoOOooOO!  And in case you want to watch my little testimonial, this is it:






 I hope this motivates you to take the steps you need to take to propel you forward in to a life you can honestly say is fulfilling and that allows you to use your dharma in this world.