Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Change IS Good.

If you're anything like me, you enjoy the comfort of familiarity and routine. *yawn*

The reason is I like to be in control. I like to know what's next. But the thing is, "life ain't like that, baby" (that's me, shaking my finger at my inner control freak).

It's time for a CHANGE. Yes change is scary because there's no way of knowing what will come of the change, but it's totally worth the risk!!! 




The situation you have grown accustomed to was at one point a new experience. What I keep telling myself (and am now telling you) is that you can do it again! You can start a new routine (sounds better than "change")!




Whether we are aware of it or not, life is full of changes. Some are small, others are big, but change is constant (sounds like an oxymoron - change being constant...hmmm). Even as you read this you are somehow different than you were yesterday, or a minute before.

When it comes to the big risky changes, there will be little trolls that look like solemn librarians (think "Labyrinth") and Giant Rock Men warning you about the impending doom that awaits you (think "The Neverending Story") if you skip gaily toward this little thing called change.

The trolls and the giants might mean well, or they might be your typical naysayers. Just hear them out, accept the advice for what it is, then remember, "you gotta follow your own path darlin'!" (Me again, waving my hands dismissively at these trolls)

Embrace your newness. Embrace the spontaneity of turning something different into something familiar! Embrace your new routines!

Anyway, that's the story I choose to tell myself. How do you embrace change?


"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."-Semisonic