Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bathing Suits: Avoiding The Lemons

Price doesn't usually indicate whether an item is of good quality. But sometimes it does.

me in my cover up.

I had a cheap bathing suit once. It cost me $5. I had it for 3 years, it was gorgeous, and loved it. On the third year when I was in Destin, Florida I was walking on the beach and had just spoken to the lifeguard. I thought I was so cute in my bikini. As I turned around... I heard something snap.... And the lemons were free.

I grabbed my chest and hurled my body to the sand screaming for my friend Sorayu to come and laughing so hard from the trauma - yes laughing - she could hardly understand why I was kissing the sand. Then she saw my bare back. That chick took her super strength and tied up the back of that broken bikini so tight I could've made lemonade.

me. about to swim. bikini & swim shorts.



I was mortified. I never wore that bathing suit again.

But let this be a lesson to you. Don't spend $5 on a bikini. Always go with a trusted brand, try it on first, jump around in it, get into downward dog...and if everything is restrained, snag it! It's ok if it's on sale...but if the original value is $5, pues, ya tu sabe.

On a side note, here's another grain of advice. Don't buy a monokini unless it ties on the sides. Yea its cute to have the belly covered and the sides cut out, but if you can't tighten the waist/hip area to your specific size, you better believe that when you lean over to pick up that sunblock, you will show your alma (your soul, ie the world below the naval). It will be in full view when the "mono" separates from the "kini." Take it from the girl whose lemons broke free on a beach.



___________________________
FEATURED POST