Thursday, August 18, 2011

Acting: It's In My Genes

In the book "Scott Sedita's Guide to Making It in Hollywood" there's a section on the acting Gene. After reading that, I knew that my history of being a little performer, and recreating scenes from movies should have led me to the conclusion that I wanted to act much sooner than it did (but everything happens for a reason, I know).

Pero, guess what?! Apparently a love for acting and film really IS in my genes. 

screen shot from the Honda commercial.
I found out Papito had the acting bug, and that's why he was so interested in movies! Oh. My. God. In that same conversation with my mother, I also found out that on Mamita's side we had an actor / director in the family (who loved flying, by the way...jetsetting...)!

Let's repeat the Oh. My. God. here. Can you see where I'm going with this?



In terms of the arts, aside from my uber creative parents, and song-bird sister, I only knew about my flameco-dancing, guitar-playing-singer great grand mother!

I knew that there was creativity in my family, but I didn't know just how much. Acting? It was bound to happen. It's like I hear these clicks of a Rubik's Cube happening and the colors are finally in rows. Click. Un-friggin-believable. I am amazed.

Now it's all about the business of acting. I know I can accomplish anything I set my mind to, even if my passion has been misguided at times (er, the law, you know, pursuing that because I was told I couldn't). Imagine what I could do with my heart completely invested!

I've read all the books, and now I've got a plan in place. A real plan. Direction.

*sigh* 

Gotta love direction. It's all about setting your intentions, having faith, and doing the work. Check, check, and CHECK. 

And I love having my deep thinkers with me on this journey.


____


Disclosure
I am an amazon associate. So if you purchase an item through my amazon links, I get some cha-ching in my wallet, which makes me happy.