Thursday, July 14, 2011

Home Remedies For The Sick-Faced.

"Sick face" is a term I use when I feel... you guessed it, sick. When I'm getting sick, for instance, this sore throat I'm sporting, I try to kick it with apple cider vinegar and honey and gargling with warm salt water. I also start popping supplements like B-complex vitamins, Vitamin C, and Echinacea.

my mint leaves in the yard
But if I don't take these home remedies when I have the first inkling that I will be sick (something I did not do this time around), then I've just got to brace myself for the long haul.



So, that's where you'll find me. Sitting in the middle of the long haul. Now I'm just popping Dayquil, taking ginger tea and mint tea. Oh, and let's not forget chicken soup. A dash of whining and a touch of sleeping in also helps just a bit.

I've also tried a lot of the home remedies from Discovery Health at their 
"Home Remedies" page, and discovered some new ones. Time to stock the pantry!!! I also buy Boiron homeopathic products so it may be time to pick up some for this sore throat.

Are there any home remedies you look to when you're sick? I'd love to hear it!

Stay healthy my deep thinkers.