Thursday, June 23, 2011

Waiting for "The Help"

I treat books the way I treat men: I only bring the one I'm in love with to bed. The Help is one of those books. I stayed up late at night with it. Laughed out loud on the train with it. Fought back tears while sitting on the promenade. Fell asleep next to it. I just loved it. I suggest you read the book soon...because the movie is coming out this summer! 

The Help courtesy of DreamWorks Studios

Deeply moving, filled with poignancy, humor and hope, “The Help” is a timeless and universal story about the ability to create change.

Based on one of the most talked about books in years and a #1 New York Times best-selling phenomenon, “The Help” is a provocative and inspiring look at what happens when a southern town’s unspoken code of rules and behavior is shattered by three courageous women who strike up an unlikely friendship.
I can't wait to see the movie because I was deeply moved by the book. The movie comes out August 12, 2011! I've got it marked on my calendar! 


This behind the scenes look gives you some insight on the actors and the characters. I just love a story that ignites the passion to create change. The book certainly did. I hope this movie will do just that! 



Did you read the book? Will you go see the movie? I'm hoping to get a bunch of NYC blogueras together to go see it! Are you in? ;-)