Sunday, June 12, 2011

LushLunes: Making Allowances

Hello my deep thinking LushLunes cohorts! This Monday's LushLunes is posted a day early so you can be fully prepared for your mission. 


I have a hard time getting up in the morning. I can wake up, but then I'm rolling around swaddling myself in my sheets stretching, and dozing off, hitting snooze at least four times. Then of course, when I have no choice to but to get out of bed, I'm rushing around the house trying to get out in time for my train.  If this sounds familiar, then you definitely need to keep reading.


So last week, I set my alarm a half hour earlier, giving myself time to hit snooze. Then I got out of bed at the time I am actually supposed to get out of bed. And you know what I realized? My morning is sooo much better when I allow myself enough time to just be.

Which leads me to your LushLunes Assignment:

  • Allow yourself the desire to get out of bed in the morning so you can make the most of your time.
  • Allow yourself the freedom of not rushing.
  • Allow yourself the time to stretch, meditate, eat breakfast, exercise, or relax before the work day starts.  

Whatever creative method you need to employ to give yourself these allowances, just promise yourself one thing: There will be no more self sabotage by hitting the snooze button.

#LushLunes - Making your Monday suck less.