Monday, June 6, 2011

LushLunes: Dancing In The Rain ...Or the Shower.

 Hello my deep thinkers. I hope you have a great LushLunes, today! Today's mission is a bit of a multi-tasker, but I think you're up for it. 

As a child when it would rain in Puerto Rico, I would run out to my front yard barefoot and dance in the rain. These were usually sun showers and it look amazing to me! I would stick my tongue out at the refreshing droplets as I twirled and laughed, loving that my long unruly curls were getting wet and being tamed by the water. I was so involved in the moment, yelping and laughing, just loving the rain.



Last year I saw this movie called the  Peaceful Warrior and there is a scene where the main character is taking a shower (nothing fresh) and he is completely in the moment - a lot like I was as a child in the rain. Enjoying every drop of water, utilizing all of his senses. It was total mindfulness, and it's something many of us forget to do. Which leads me to your LushLunes mission...

Your Assignment: 


I'd love for you to dance in the rain (that's like EXTRA points), but instead, all I ask is that you take a mindful shower.  

Try not to think about how much time you have or what has to be done. Although these thoughts will arise, but just be nice to yourself for drifting, acknowledge the thoughts, and bring your focus back to the water,  the sensations of hot or cold, any scents, the soap, its texture, notice your breath, be aware of any aches or pains, and just live in that moment, from moment to moment, for however long it lasts.  

Whether that was five minutes or fifteen minutes in the shower where your intention was to be mindful, you will have successfully garnered some ME time. Be proud of yourself because that was no easy task, but man it feels good!



#LushLunes - Making your Monday suck less.




























































_______________________________________________________________________
Disclosure
Also, I am an amazon associate. So if you purchase an item through my amazon links, I get some cha-ching in my wallet, which makes me happy.