Friday, May 27, 2011

Yoga in NYC (free or cost effective)

You know I love yoga. It is one of the most relaxing yet invigorating ways to tone my body (and my soul). I don't do it every day, although I wish I could fit it in!

Whether I go to a class or stay at home with a yoga DVD, one thing is certain: I feel great afterward. However, let's get one thing straight... the incredible energy you feel after an actual class is worth venturing away from your living room floor.

me. in the sala. you should use a mat during yoga. duh.

Are you interested in trying yoga? Here are some options in New York City:

Free Yoga Outdoors


There are tons of wonderful things to do in Bryant Park which includes free yoga every Tuesday (10-11am) and Thursday  (6-7pm) through September 2011 (on the lawn or the upper terrace, check calendar for details).

You can also try YogaWorks who offers a free class at 6 p.m. every Wednesday from June 8, 2011 to July 27, 2011 (on the Hudson, Pier 46, across from Charles Street).

Cost Effective Indoor Yoga

If you don't want to be outdoors, one of my favorite places for yoga is StralaYoga. I've never been more challenged or felt more relaxed than I have after a class by Tara Stiles. It's only $10 and they have classes to fit anyone's schedule. 

me. practicing my practice. with my mat.

Don't be afraid to try something different. Maybe it's not yoga. Maybe it's swimming. Or running. Or learning a sport. Whatever it is, venturing out of your comfort zone will open you up in ways you can't even imagine.


Namaste my deep thinkers.