Monday, May 9, 2011

LushLunes: To Thine Own Self Be Nice

Happy LushLunes my deep thinkers! This weekend I was picking out bathing suits at the Gap...and as some of you know, bathing suit season is a really hit or miss type of experience in the dressing room. 

I was going for a pin-up style bathing suit to because I haven't felt fit enough to wear my skimpy bikini. Despite putting on a bathing suit with lots of coverage, I ended up staring at all the parts of my body that I'd like to look differently. And then the "if only…" talk started.  

Before I left there in a fit of anger and frustration, I managed to stop, take a minute and appreciate myself head to toes, and really feed some good talk straight into my soul. 


I stopped abusing my imperfections and started loving my whole self for a few minutes. And I apologized to myself for the mean-me.

I left the fitting room feeling better, sans bathing suit, instead of feeling wore about myself. This leads me to your LushLunes mission.

Your Assignment: Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself at least 10 reasons why your are beautiful / handsome -body and soul. No harsh words. Just love. Just Ego-boosting talk. Because you are perfect just the way you are and its time to tell yourself that face to face.





#LushLunes - Making your Monday suck less.