Monday, April 25, 2011

#LushLunes: Letting GO.

I hope you're all having a  LUSH LUNES my deep thinkers!  I have a little anecdote for you, that will of course become your Lush Lunes mission.  



 

You know those people smiling with their headphones, dancing or singing to themselves in public? I use to glare at them, in my angry New Yorker-ness, like, "how dare you show off your happy pants music-loving while I am here stuck on this smelly train. Well, I refuse to look at you." (while, of course, I was still looking at them because I was actually just jealous of their freedom). 

I'm done with my angry pants and have stored them away. I have officially crossed to the other side and am becoming the music loving, happy pants having, smiling-ness person I use to glare at. (I am also adding another layer of crazy to my repertoire considering I already talk to myself - and answer myself- out loud, in public).


I have allowed myself to enjoy and be moved by the music in my headphones while in public. SHOCKING! It's nothing wild. I am just swaying or tapping my foot, but its progressing. And I don't mind it at all.

It makes me happy to jump into my music, especially when I'm down. Its just me, mini-dancing-it-out on my way to whatever grown-up thing I've got going on...and it feels good to let go. No inhibitions. 

Which leads me to your LUSH LUNES ASSIGNMENT:

Forget the self-imposed rules of behavior. Be free to just be, like a six year old kid. Twirl in the sun just for the fun of it. ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM...a freedom that we abandoned - or exchanged - for the freedom of being adults in a very structured environment.

So go blow bubbles, smack your gum, laugh so hard milk comes out of your nose, doodle hearts on a note pad, and sing your "chimmi chimmi coco puffs, chimmi chimmi pow," and do it with purpose. Find that little kid in you and set the child free. Do it in public, or do it at home, but just do it.

What is the point of this? Well, the point is this: it's ok to let go sometimes. So go ahead and let your hair down. Just let go.... You'll feel better. ;-) 


"Happiness hit her like a train on a track, coming toward her, stuck still, no turning back."




#LushLunes - Making your Monday suck less.