Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lazy Rainy Days

When it's raining out, all I want to do is cuddle up in my bed in my pajamas.  I don't like to get up and start the day. I want to spend my day in the sanctity of my bedroom.

This sounds delicious but actually, it’s not that luxurious. Maybe if I were fancier, the picture would be painted a little better. 

Boudoir: Creating the Bedroom of Your Dreams

If I were the kind of woman who wears long silk gowns to sleep, has a vanity with beautiful powders, french perfumes, and a four poster bed overflowing with Persian pillows...this might sound even yummier. 

Instead I wear yoga pants and t-shirt to sleep. There's a jar of Vicks on the night table next to my bed. I have a large dresser with a large mirror and two overflowing MAC makeup bags. 


I have a Gi-Normous sleigh bed that I hop down from. When I make the bed, I never smooth the blankets and I crumple the sheets behind the three pillows I tossed at the headboard. Not as yummy, huh?

But it’s my bedroom.
Despite the lack of refinement in my boudoir, it’s my cozy place. 

Fancy or not, I cannot succumb to my lazy rain days. These are actually the best days to be at work because the sun isn't luring me out to play. Yes, the rain promotes idleness but mostly, I think I just like to be in my bed.


What do you like to do on rainy days?









_______________________________________________________________________
Disclosure
I am an amazon associate. So if you purchase an item through my amazon links, I get some cha-ching in my wallet, which makes me happy.