Tuesday, February 22, 2011

On the Runway #NYFW

If you follow my tweets, you already know I was out and about during fashion week. There was lots of viewing and schmoozing, which was not easy - except when I met uber sweet designers, then it was fabulous (I will tell you more about my new fave designer Suzie Turner real soon)!



Image of My Sister!

I got into so many fab places and events, courtesy of my sister over at The Sweet Life of J and E who was constantly being pulled aside by the photographers and being asked "who are you wearing?!" She'd better get use to that!!! 

It was quite an experience. Some of the shows were kind of crazy, and I was like, "what the...?" 

FW2011 Fine Jewelry Collection, Bijules


Others were breathtaking. It simply was a glittery museum of living, moving,and breathing fashion. 

I won't comment on which was crazy or breathtaking, but regardless of the event, everyone and everything was on display ( hence living, moving, and breathing...) including me! That's what it felt like, anyway. 

This tshirt, blazer and scarf took a lot of work.
You all know me by now. My fashion is basically "keep it simple." But with the uniform being Louboutin, a girl like me, a-tshirt-and-jeans-wearing-pony-tail-sporting-roll-out-of-bed-in-the-morning-girl,  might feel out of place.


I don't own a pair of Louboutins. I love them, but I can put that money toward a vacation. Though I hope to one day rock the red sole, until then I will rock a red clutch. But I digress...
Instead of sulking in a corner, I sang Supermodel (you better work) by RuPaul in my mind, kicked up my sexy-ass Nine West boots, and walked around like a supa star! *snap snap* I know, I know, I'm crazy.


 All I can do is black and white, obviously.

All in all, despite the late nights, the coffee-filled mornings, the lack of exercise and sleep for the sake of fashion, it was fun, Fun, FUN!  


I hope to showcase some of the designers I met real soon!  











 



PS. A special thanks to my lil' sis, my heart and my doorway to all things glamorous. xoxo