Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sex and the City 2

Recently, I was sent the Sex and the City 2 Soundtrack to review the music from the motion picture.


The movie hits theaters May 27th - did you already purchase your midnight ticket like my crazy sister, Buttercup?

Although I haven't gotten my ticket to see Sex and the City 2 yet, I definitely like the soundtrack.

Some songs on this soundtrack are real 'getting-ready-to-go-out' songs... But the majority of the songs on this track are lounge-type songs, the kind of music to listen to over coffee with friends - maybe at 3:00am when you get back from watching the film, you fiends!





To promote the movie, they're offering one big fan a call from Sarah Jessica Parker  herself (whom I just adore)!

To enter to WIN a call, head on over to the SATC2 page: http://bit.ly/O2OSJPcall 
I already signed up. If she calls me, I'm asking her out to lunch. She may say no but it's worth a shot.




The Sex and the City 2: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack was released on May 25, 2010.

Here's some information on the soundtrack:

The soundtrack features a brand-new duet "Love is Your Color" by Grammy and Academy Award® winner Jennifer Hudson, along with global superstar, multi-platinum recording artist and three-time Grammy Award nominee Leona Lewis.

Soundtrack includes a new song by platinum-selling CeeLo and International superstar Dido also contributes an exclusive new track.

Grammy, Emmy, Golden Globe, Tony and Academy Award® winner Liza Minnelli covers Beyonce’s chart-topper “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”

12-time Grammy Award winner Alicia Keys performs her own extraordinary new version of the Blondie classic “Rapture”.

The soundtrack also features the stars of Sex and the City 2, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon, performing the Helen Reddy classic “I Am Woman.”

Alright, I haven't bought a soundtrack in a few years, but there's always the film where you're like, OMG, I have to have that song.. and then you do.

Since CDs are so "old school," my ol' school way of determining whether I got my moneys worth was as follows: Do I like more than half the songs on the CD? If the answer is "Yes," then it was money well spent.

So, what's my opinion?

I liked more than half the songs on the CD! Some sexy music for date night with your partner, some 'getting-ready-to-go-out' tunes, and an overall lovely soundtrack. From the Show to the Films, they always know what songs suit those ladies best - a dash of sass and class. Just how I like it.

[see break down below]


Tracklisting

1. Alicia Keys “Rapture”
2. Dido “Everything to Lose”
3. Cee Lo “Language of Love”
4. Erykah Badu “Window Seat”
5. Natacha Atlas “Kidda”
6. Michael McGregor “Euphrates Dream”
7. Liza Minnelli “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
8. Ricki-Lee "Can't Touch It"
9. Alicia Keys "Emire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down"
10. Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis "Love Is Your Color"
11. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon “I Am Woman”
12. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “If Ever I Would Leave You”
13. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Sunrise, Sunset”
14. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Till There Was You”
15. Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”
16. Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch “Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye”
17. Cyndi Lauper “True Colors”
18. Aaron Zigman “Divas and Dunes”
 
 
 
   
Here's my break down:  
 
Of all the songs listed (see list above), the ones I liked best are in blue. I love #1-6, which were very mellow lounge songs. Alicia Key's rendition of Rapture incorporates the Sex and the City theme, which I really liked. And plus, I love Rapture.
 
Track #8 was my favorite song in terms of pre-game music before you hit the town, so hit repeat on that one. Also, #9 and #10 were nice tracks; #9 started out as a very sad and lonely version of Empire State of Mind, then ends upbeat. It will definitely make you exhale, my New York City ladies.  
 
Tracks #11-16 felt like broadway tunes so it's definitely background music when you're running around the house. Besides, I like the Mens Choir. They kind of sound yummy. However, I am not a Liza Manelli fan (her style of music is just not my thing), especially her rendition of "put a ring on it." That was a big NO (it felt like I was listening to an SNL skit - I'm just saying).
 
I love #17 because who doesn't love True Colors! So, hit repeat!!! Track #18 is an excellent tune, which incorporates the Sex and the City theme and I really really just loved it. Definitely an end of the movie track. It's a good one to listen to when you get home from watching the film opening night at 3:00am, to wind down!
 
So if you like what you read, and you have similar musical tastes, then you're going to like the album.

Did you buy the soundtrack?
Are you going to see the movie?

Let me know your deep thoughts!

 
Are you a REALLY BIG fan? Here's some more info on Sex and the City 2:
 
Link to Buy the Soundtrack: http://bit.ly/O2Osatc2Amazon
Soundtrack Website: http://bit.ly/O2Osatc2sdtk
Facebook Page: http://bit.ly/O2Osatc2Fbook










____________________________________________
Disclosure
  
I received a free copy of the CD and this post makes me eligible to win a gift card.
I am an Amazon Associate.