Monday, May 17, 2010

HELLO - HOLA the Hispanic Organization of Latin Actors


As some of you know, I finally joined HOLA. What is HOLA?

The Hispanic Organization of Latin Actors (HOLA, a 501(c)(3) group) is an arts service organization founded in 1975 . HOLA strives for an accurate, informed and non-stereotyped portrayal of Hispanic culture, people and heritage in theater, film, television, radio and commercials.

Feel free to go on over to http://hellohola.org/ to learn more.

How did I hear about HOLA? While I was in law school, I came across HOLA when I attended an event for the Hispanic National Bar Association of New York. At that time, I was interested in learning more about Entertainment Law.... and if you read this blog, you know I finally realized I'm actually just interested in the Entertainment part.

Now I'm very excited to be a part of HOLA! Besides being very proactive in my acting career, I like what they stand for:


Hispanics or Latinos comprise barely 4-6% of all roles portrayed on the screen or stage while the Latino population in the U.S. is approaching 20%. That's why HOLA does what it does.





Aside from celebrating being a member, (woohoo!) I'm spreading the word to raise funds:

HOLA is celebrating its 35th anniversary!! HOLA has found an angel who will match every donated dollar with another up to $10,000.  

We have until June 22, 2010....Help keep Latino artists at the forefront of our profession...All donations are tax-deductible.



HOLA also has two benefit performances for the HOLA@35 fund. Just head on over to HOLA's blog to learn about the shows and for ticket information: http://elblogdehola.blogspot.com/


What's better than supporting the arts and treating yourself to a fun and inexpensive night out? If you can't make time to see the benefit performances, you can also click HERE to go straight to the donations page and donate five bucks.


Thanks!!!
Best,

Li