Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fear - Don't Let It Bite


I'll be the first to admit it - I'm a bit of a dreamer. I've been running head-first toward my dreams for some time now.

But I will admit something when it comes to chasing your dreams, fear will shut you down. It will stop you dead in your tracks and you will look around you to find that you are in the middle of a self-fulflling prophecy.

Some of my biggest fears are that I will not be successful in accomplishing my dreams.

 

I fear that my dream to be a successful and published writer will crumble, much like Lily's character in John Irving's Hotel New Hampshire, it will be discovered that I am actually only a very good reader.

In that same vein, I fear that a prosperous career in acting is beyond my reach, as it will turn out that I'm only an avid lover of film.  

Fear... It bites.


It's very easy to step on your own dreams. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh


Holy misery. If you stop following my blog at this point, I totally don't blame you. Its such ickiness up there.


So I will force myself to throw in some rainbows. 

I believe  I will be a published writer of several successful books.

I will be a working actress with an awesome career in film, tv and commercials.

Overall, I will inspire people to follow their dreams, with whatever I do. I will be happy.

I will have the career that I want and  sustain a loving relationship with my partner and family.

Gotta focus on the law of attraction. I know you all will help me keep my chin up.
Thanks for the support. Seriously.



Singing off,
Li