Thursday, February 18, 2010

UPDATE: NOH8 Campaign

Hello My Lovely Readers!

In January I told you about my AMAZING experience posing for the NOH8 campaign with my sister. Need a refresher? You can see the post HERE.

As Promised, here are the photos of the shoot:


You can also CLICK HERE to open the link to photos in the NOH8 photo gallery.




You will also see some of the people and artists who posed with us that day. 


I don't normally like to get all overtly political*, [um, see footnote below] but I guess I should give you some background.
I remember having a discussion on gay marriage during my last year in lawschool way back in 2004 when my professor asked if the US was ready to legalize gay marriage. I was the only one who thought the US was ready. I argued my heart out but no one agreed with me. I've been passionate about it ever since.

So years later, with case law flip flopping, and the introduction of prop 8, my sister and I began following this campaign. We did this for all of you who wish for the legal right to get married.

Gay people got a right to be as miserable as everybody else. -Chris Rock
Now, I have had to deal with some negative comments about my support for the campaign, which is unfortunate, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. 


Overall, I've gotten a lot of great feedback, and it makes me feel all warm and mushy inside.

It really was an amazing experience and I am very proud to support the campaign. If you too support the campaign, spread the word! Check out http://www.noh8campaign.com/.



EQUALITY. UNDERSTANDING. NO HATE - NOH8. 


All My Best,









* I don't normally like to be overtly political, except for when I totally AM OVERTLY POLITICAL. I spent three years on the truth campaign, CLICK HERE for info on truth® . I had to argue against a lot of negative feedback during that time of my life as well. I still support the campaign, (in the name of two uncles that passed as the result of tobacco related diseases) and it was the best three years of my life.  I'm proud to say I marketed to young urban teens and had my cousin appear in a truth commercial in support and in honoring his fathers memory.