Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Under Construction - By A Novice.

So, I'm still trying to figure out how to use the "read more" function on my blog. I found this really great site that has user friendly explanation on how to add the javascript on BloggerBuster. That site is really great. But here's what happened. I'm a novice at this html stuff! Sure I got the hang of it with editing my old Myspace profile but this is a whole other ball game. 

I'm having issues with javascript conflicting with the jump function, page load time, why the embedded youtube video disrupts the entire page ... and the list goes on and on. In my heart I think, "maybe if I give it some time to adjust, it will cure on its own," as though I were waiting for that layer of primer to dry before I paint. html is not primer. I know this. But I don't know for certain whether I'm even using the proper tech lingo, that's how lost I am. 

Where did I go wrong? I think the answer is here - perhaps I should not use a free template, but I should buy a template where I get support on how to modify the html. Since I'm so concerned about having a professional looking page, then I should probably kick in the money for it. After all, you get what you pay for. That's not a criticism of the template I'm using now (see credits at the end). The template is one of the nicest and user friendy ones I found for free.

Anyway, I found some really insightful tips on Site Sketch 101. Nicholas gave me some great advice which I'm taking into consideration. His site has great articles and is kind of beautiful - his site is what my site aspires to be one day! LOL.


So, my dear followers, wherever you are, if my site seems a bit inconsistent, its because I'm working on it.

Your patience is appreciated !!!!