Tuesday, November 10, 2009

How I Make Coquito







Are you ready for the Holidays? I know, I know, Thanksgiving isn’t even here yet, but that’s the best time to start planning!

I’ve already made 5 bottles of Coquito. What’s that you ask? It’s Puerto Rican egg nog!  I love making it for the holidays. it's also a great gift for friends. It’s really easy to make because there is no cooking involved. (However, I make it without the eggs, because I really don’t think it needs it... but, you be the judge! )



TOOLS NEEDED:

1 Can Opener

1 Large Funnel

1 Blender (large enough for 5 cups of liquid)

1 Decanter or Empty bottle of rum (presentation is important!)


INGREDIENTS:

12 oz. Sweetened Cream of Coconut

12 oz. Evaporated milk

14 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk

¾ Cup of White Rum

1 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon

1 Tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract





START!

Open all the cans, pour each of them into the blender.

Put in your cinnamon and vanilla and your Rum.

Cover the blender and blend until smooth.

Now, take your funnel, put it on top of the open decanter or empty bottle and pour in your yummy batch of Coquito . Chill.

Once refrigerated for several hours, you’re ready to serve. 


Make sure you shake the bottle before your pour. Drink in moderation! It’s a heavy drink and very strong! 

ENJOY YOUR COQUTIO AND PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS, IDEAS, AND RECIPES!